The Engineering Division is responsible for overseeing land development and tree removal activities within the City of Roswell, including application and plan reviews, and site inspections.
- Development Plan Review: The Plan Review staff provides plan reviews for land disturbance permits and coordination of the development permit process. Call the City Engineer at 770-594-6196 for more information.
- Land Development Inspections: Engineering staff provides inspections for activities that require land disturbance permits from the Community Development Department.
- Tree Removal Permits: A Tree Removal Permit, including a Tree Survey, Tree Protection Plan, Tree Replacement Plan, as applicable, is required for both commercial and residential projects if removal of trees greater than three inches in diameter or Specimen Trees, as defined in Article 12 of the Roswell Unified Development Code, is anticipated.
- Erosion, Sedimentation and Pollution Control: As a Local Issuing Authority, the Engineering Division enforces the State construction general permit, and City Soil Erosion, Sedimentation and Pollution Control Ordinance.
- Stream Buffers: Streams designated as State Waters are subject to State and/or City stream buffers based on the designated stream type. Alteration of these buffers is limited. Please contact the Engineering Division for more information on the required State and/or City buffers associated with your property or project.
- Inspection and Plan Review Results: To obtain more information on the status of your Land Disturbance Permit application or inspection results, please contact the Permit Technician. It is helpful if you have your permit application number when calling or writing us for information. Online results are not available at this time.
- Thomas Dunne, Land Development Inspector
- Brad Townsend, Land Development Inspector
- Adrian McNear, Land Development Inspector
- Andy Pittner, RLA, ASLA, ISA, City Arborist / Landscape Architect
- Matthew Zaki, Plans Reviewer
- Jacob Mauldin, Plans Reviewer
- Keedra Jackson, Permit Technician
Applications, Checklists & Documents