Reimagining and Revitalizing Alleys in Downtown Historic RoswellThe City of Roswell is looking to revitalize public spaces and transform them into places where people can stroll, shop, and dine. Roswell’s East and West Alleys behind Canton Street lend themselves perfectly to this exciting vision.
Completed in 2015, the East West Alley Master Plan was the result of a design charrette where input from property owners, businesses, elected officials, City staff, and the public was formulated into a proposal for these two important public spaces.
Funds have been dedicated and design is underway for East Alley, or Phase 1 of the project. The plan includes repaving the street, improving parking, establishing pedestrian areas, installing planters, lighting and benches commensurate with the surroundings, and reworking parts of the public infrastructure.
Construction is expected to begin on East Alley in 2017.
- East-West Alley Master Plan: Final Report
- East-West Alley Master Plan: Draft Map (May 1, 2015)
- East-West Alley Master Plan: Conceptual Renderings
- East Alley Project: Phase 1 Implementation Plan
- East Alley Project: Project Update (July 3, 2017)