Fire Station 1

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Overview


Fire Station 1
1002 Alpharetta Street
Roswell, GA 30075
Fire Station 1 was originally constructed in 1948 by J. L. Wright to house Wright Chevrolet, a car dealership. In 1979, the City of Roswell purchased the property and, after significant construction and modifications, transformed the building into what today is Fire Station 1.

However, not everything about original property was changed. What was once the building’s new car showroom, which by today’s standards would be considered quite small, is now home to the Roswell Fire Museum. Roswell’s first new fire engine, an antique 1947 American LaFrance Ford fire truck, is the museum’s main attraction.

The most recent addition to the station is a 911 Memorial, which features a mural by local artists and a piece of steel from the World Trade Center.

Quick Facts

  • Roswell’s only two story station and the only station with a pole
  • Currently the busiest fire station in Roswell (most calls per month, on average)
  • Most water and technical rescues are facilitated by the personnel and equipment from this station
  • Prior to the construction of the Roswell Alpharetta Public Safety Training Center, Fire Station 1 was also the site of the business meetings, dinners, and banquets hosted by the fire department
  • Although the station is quite large, there’s very little living space for the crew. Most of the space within the station is devoted to housing equipment.
Photo Gallery



Service Map

Service Map